The following instructions need to be completed prior to installing Sage Intelligence Reporting to ensure the installation is a seamless process.
- The Sage Intelligence Reporting License/s purchased need to be assigned to the relevant users on site i.e. Administrator license, Report Manager License, Report Viewer license.
- An Sage Intelligence Reporting shared folder needs to be created on the file server and full rights (read & write) need to be assigned to this folder. This is for your Report Repository which will store your centralized reports to ensure that all users of Sage Intelligence Reporting are looking at the same report repository. There is no sensitive data stored in this location, but it is the most important folder in our configuration. It also stores our configuration and licensing files.
- The security credentials if applicable i.e. User id and password for the database/s must be made available.
- A list of the databases/companies that Sage Intelligence Reporting must connect to must be made available.
- Please ensure that Microsoft Excel version 2007 or later is loaded and functioning on all workstations that will be running Sage Intelligence Reporting.
- Before beginning the Sage Intelligence Reporting installation, ensure that all instances of Microsoft Excel are closed.
Sage Intelligence Reporting General Installation Guide
- To begin installation, launch the Sage Intelligence Reporting executable that you have downloaded. The InstallShield Wizard screen will appear.
- Click Next.
- Click Next to install to the default folder or Change to browse to an alternative folder.
- Click Install to continue.
- When the installation has completed, a window will appear confirming successful installation.
- Click Finish
Note: If .NET Framework 3.5 sp1 or higher is not installed on the system, setup will perform the installation of the .NET Framework 3.5 sp 1 now.
- Launch the Report Manager. Go to Start All programs, Sage Intelligence Reporting and select Report Manager
- Click the browse button and navigate to the shared network folder where your report repository is located.
- Click Ok.
- You will now need to make a connection to the database/s you will be reporting from.
- Open the Connector Module by going to Start >. Sage Intelligence Reporting> Connector.
- Right Click on the Driver Connection type for the database you are trying to connect to and select Add Connection.
- Enter your database connection details and click OK.
- Proceed to serialize your software.